Misconception about java are followings:
- Java is an easy programming language to learn.
- Java will become a universal programming language for all platforms.
- Java is just another programming language.
- All Java programs run inside a web page.
- java proof all these misconceptions wrong.
- Java is an extension of HTML.
- Java is proprietary and it should therefore be avoided.
- Java is interpreted so it is too slow for serious applications.
- Java programs are a major security risk.
Java provide command line tools using this tool we can compile and run on CMD Prompts. JDK is a compiler provides various command line tool like java, javac, javadoc, javah, etc. You can see more command-line tool into bin folder of java install directory (e.g C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_10\bin). Through command line our program input some arguments with cmd prompts.
The most commonly used tools are:
- javac - the java compiler
- java - launching programs on the Java Runtime Environment
- javadoc - generating documentation for your project