CHARACTERISTIC OF WEB SERVICES
Characterstics of web services are as follows:-
- XML-based:-XML based is totally platform independent
and run on any operating system and also language independent.
- Loosely Coupled:-Loosely coupled means consumer of a web service
does not tied web services directly.A tightly coupled system implies that
the client and server logic are closely tied to one another.
- Coarse-grained:-Its provide Coarse-grained facility for
JAVA programs and methods.
- Ability to be synchronous or asynchronous:-Synchronicity provide the facility to binding the
client when client want to execute the Web Services. Means client synchronously
used the services.Asynchronous operations allowedthe client
a client to invoke the web service when client want to execute other functions.
- Supports to Remote Procedure Calls (RPCs):-Web services support the remote procedure
calls when transaction occur during exchange of documents.
- Supports document exchange:-Web services support the transfer the exchange of documents
to utilize business transaction. Exchange of document totally XML based.
- Machine-to-machine interactions:-Provide Machine to machine interaction through different
web services component.
- Interoperability:-Interoperability provide system to system work without any
- Platform, operating system and
language-independence:-Web services are run on any platform and there is no
dependency for any language. We use this for any operating system.