Components Of Web Services
There are many Component of Webservices as follows:
- SOAP stamds for Simple Object Access Protocol.
- The SOAP is a protocol for sending and receiving messages between applications without confronting interoperability issues.
- Interoperability meaning the platform that a Web service is running on becomes irrelevant.
- Google's AdWords web service is really hard to consume it uses SOAP headers, and a number of other things that make it kind of difficult.
- UDDI stands for Universal Description, Discovery and Integration.It is a directory service where companies can search for Web services.
- It provides the definition of a set of services supporting the description and discovery of businesses, organizations, and other Web Services providers, also the Web Services they make available.
- UDDI is described in Web Service Description Language.
- UDDI communicates via SOAP.
- It was first developed by UDDI.org and then transferred to OASIS.Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) is a global consortium that works on the development, convergence, and adoption of e-business and web services standards. UDDI.org was comprised of more than 300 business and technology leaders which are working together to enable companies by provinding quick, easy, and dynamic and also the of use Web Services.
- WSDL stands for Web Services Description Language.
- WSDL is an XML-based language for describing Web services and it is a W3C recommendation.
- It specifies the location of the service and the operations (or methods) the service exposes.
- WSDL has three parts:
- Definitions: Definitions are generally expressed in XML and include both data type definitions and message definitions that use the data type definitions.
- Operations: Operations describe actions for the messages supported by a Web service.
- Service bindings: Bindings defines the message format and protocol details for a web service.
- WSDL is machine readable, meaning a program could read a WSDL file and from that deduce how to call a given web service. You can also generate code for clients from a WSDL file.
- RDF stands for Resource Description Framework.
- It is a framework for describing resources on the web.It is written in XML.
- RDF was designed to allow developers to build search engines that rely on the metadata and to allow Internet users to share Web site information more readily.
- Using RDF means that the data in your system is intrinsically reusable even by applications which know nothing of your specific data model (i.e. vocabularies etc) since they can still process the data and extract information from it.